SUTTON PLACE DENTAL ASSOCIATES ON THE WEB
Treating receding gums with the tunneling technique
The tunneling technique is a minimally invasive and dependable approach. It can correct your gum recession while preventing further deterioration.
Its advantages? It is non-invasive, and you will require little to no downtime.
Since Dr. Reshad will not make any incisions in the areas of recession, the rate of failure and scarring is very low. In the hands of a credentialed, experienced professional like Dr. Reshad, the tunnel technique is very effective. The graft material will become part of the existing gum tissue almost 100% of the time.
Are you the right patient for the tunneling technique?
Dr. Reshad will be able to use this technique if you:
- Suffer from multiple instances of gum recession
- Have enough healthy gums for Dr. Reshad to tunnel the gum graft
Pinhole Gum Grafting
Unlike conventional gum grafting, the pinhole technique does not use donor graft tissue. Instead, Dr. Reshad will cover the areas where gums have decayed and receded by:
- Creating tiny holes in your gums’ healthy tissue using an ad-hoc tool
- Hooking the gums
- Pulling them forward to cover the exposed dental roots
How do you prevent gum recession after a gum graft?
Here is a brief list of the most effective ways to prevent suffering from gum recession:
- Avoid hard-bristled toothbrushes; use soft-bristled ones instead, since they will not hurt your gums.
- Avoid smoking.
- Keep your teeth and gums clean by brushing your teeth after every meal and flossing at least once daily before going to bed at night.
- Do not floss aggressively.
- Check with your Periodontist (gum disease dentist) for any early signs of gingivitis, like:
- red gums
- Stay up to date with cleaning appointments.
Decades of gums disease experience in Midtown NYC
With over 27 years of experience, Dr. Reshad brings the necessary know-how for successful outcomes.
Additionally, Dr. Reshad uses cutting-edge technologies and the highest quality materials.
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Reshad if you want to find out if minimally invasive gum grafting techniques are the best option for you.