After cleaning your teeth, you will be ready to transform your smile in just one visit, in most cases. Depending on the final results, another session may be necessary. We may also advise you to continue the treatment with home whitening trays.
We will first make sure you are free of any gum disease, tooth infections, and tooth decay. Therefore, it is paramount that an experienced dental professional assesses your dental health before you think about in-office teeth whitening!
The procedure is quite relaxing overall: no pain and no discomfort. You will even find yourself dozing off as you listen to music or watch a movie. This takes place while your caring dentist ensures that all those pesky coffee, tea, and foods stains have disappeared.
- Ultraviolet teeth whitening in NYC for a beaming smile
- More than 29 years of teeth whitening in New York
- COST OF TEETH WHITENING
- Zoom and Opalescence Boost
- What is Zoom teeth whitening?
- What is Opalescence Boost?
- Final remarks
DECADES OF TEETH WHITENING IN NEW YORK CITY
Dr. Salim is a dentist with more than 29 years of experience in private practice. He has in-depth knowledge of many teeth whitening systems and techniques.
He has also treated numerous patients with unique situations. Many patients entrust their smiles to us.
Are you looking for professional teeth whitening to have a more radiant smile?
Schedule an appointment with us. We welcome patients from all boroughs of New York City and beyond.
Read our Reviews
There is no one-size-fits-all whitening process that’s suitable for everyone. Dr. Salim will choose the best treatment option for your needs.
He and his accomplished team of dental professionals will tend to all your dental needs, and you will be in the best possible hands when whitening your teeth.
COST OF TEETH WHITENING
The cost of ZOOM whitening at our office is $500, should you have any inquiries or questions, you can contact the office for further information.
You can further maintain your new brilliant smile by using disposable and preloaded whitening trays periodically.
Another possibility is to place whitening gels in a pair of custom whitening trays made just for you for a certain time period. The concentration, will be determined by your specific situation. This will help you achieve more prolonged results.
Now, let’s briefly discuss how teeth whitening is done at Sutton Place Dental Associates.
Zoom Whitening & Opalescence Boost
As mentioned above, we will improve your smile with one of the following teeth bleaching methods:
- Zoom Whitening using UV-light for teeth whitening
- Opalescence Boost
They are both proven to be safe and effective ways to whiten your teeth.
What is Zoom teeth whitening?
A patient with a light source device irradiating her teeth and activating the whitening gel during an in-office procedure
Zoom Whitening is a frequently used ultraviolet light tooth whitening procedure. It eliminates stains caused by foods and drinks (coffee, red wine, tea, etc.):
- Generally, it’s an hour procedure.
- It consists of three 15 minutes applications of the Zoom whitening gel. These contain hydrogen peroxide (25%), which lightens both enamel and dentin stains.
- We will cover your eyes, gums, and lips for safety reasons to protect them from the bleaching gel. We will use a hardening resin, or a liquid rubber dam painted over your gums.
- An ultraviolet lamp will speed up the whitening process.
- Unlike the Opalescence Boost (see below), light is part of the bleaching process.
- A small percentage of patients (about 7-8 %) experience sensitivity after a whitening zoom procedure.
- It subsides significantly after 24 hours and should completely disappear within 48 hours.
- (If you are concerned about sensitivity, then check Chapter 4: Sensitivity and irritation of the gums after teeth whitening ). To address this, we include post-treatment care instructions to apply a fluoride paste-gel to your teeth. We do this right after the procedure.
Zoom teeth whitening results
Zoom teeth whitening can transform your smile and help you achieve up to eight shades lighter teeth than your original color.
Have you ever been unhappy because of a dull smile?
Despite regular daily brushing, flossing, and visits to your dental hygienist, surface stains can take their collective toll. Coffee, tea, red wine, and the aging process can make your teeth lose their brilliance.
In that case, Zoom teeth whitening will brighten up your smile effectively. Is UV-light whitening the best solution for all dental stains?
It depends, as Zoom tooth whitening works best for stains that can be treated with topical bleaching. These include tobacco, food, or drink stains.
Stains due to fluorosis and antibiotics, called intrinsic stains, are (instead) extremely resistant to teeth whitening. The final result in such cases may only be a marginal improvement. This is because topical bleaching lightens surrounding enamel, leaving these deeply intrinsic stains intact. In this case, your dentist will advise other options such as dental bonding or porcelain veneers.
Take-home whitening kits for touch-ups
In addition to Zoom teeth whitening, we also offer take-home kits for touch-ups. They will maintain your brighter smile for longer.
Take-home trays are molded from models of your actual teeth. This customization of the whitening trays will protect your gums from the potential leaks of the whitening material. Therefore, you will not have to worry about gum irritation.
Let’s now talk about another safe and effective teeth whitening method we use.
What is an Opalescence Boost?
It is a professional tooth whitening system that your dentist may use. Here is a summary of its different steps:
- Takes about an hour, depending on the degree of discoloration of your teeth.
- Does not need light to activate the gel.
- Whitens your teeth using a sticky and viscous teeth whitening gel that we place on your teeth.
- Treat other difficult stains like those resulting from:
- prescription medications (such as tetracycline).
- Additionally, common stains brought on by your daily lifestyle and eating or drinking substances that stain your teeth (red wine, smoking, …) can be removed.
After the procedure, you may experience some short-term post-whitening sensitivity.
To alleviate that, your dentist could give you a potassium nitrate gel. You can use it in a customized tray until the condition subsides (usually within 2-3 days).
Looking forward to quickly rediscovering your sparkling smile at Sutton Place Dental Associates?
If you have any further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to schedule an appointment with us.
Read our Reviews