Porcelain Dental Crowns
A crown, also known as a cap, strengthens and protects teeth that have become damaged or weakened. Crowns repair and correct teeth that are:
- Unusually small
- Irregularly shaped
- A fractured tooth since a crown will hold it together
- A tooth with a large cavity that is too large for a filling
- A tooth with an old filling of significant size
- A tooth after a root canal procedure because your tooth is more brittle. Since it is more fragile, it may break under biting pressure
- A severely worn-down tooth
- A tooth with an old crown that needs to be replaced for:
- Cosmetic reasons
- Due to fracture
- Due to decay.
Crowns can be made out of different materials: ceramic, porcelain fused to metal, metal, etc. A tooth-colored porcelain crown will improve the appearance of your smile. Hence, porcelain crowns are an important tool in the cosmetic dentistry arsenal.
Dental crowns: a two-step procedure
At least two visits are required to handle a crown fitting.
We will remove all decay during the first consultation and reshape the tooth. We will also take an impression and fit a temporary crown made from either metal or plastic.
We will remove the temporary piece in the second visit, followed by fitting and readjusting as necessary. We will then put the crown into place with cement.
Cost Of a Porcelain Dental Crown In NYC (Without Insurance)
If you do not have insurance, the price of a dental crown in NYC can vary between $1500-$3000.
Differences in prices will depend on:
- The dentist’s expertise
- The location of the dental office
- And the material used
If more procedures are necessary, the price may increase.
SUTTON PLACE DENTAL ASSOCIATES ON THE WEB
To help you with out-of-pocket costs, we offer the following solutions to our patients. They will significantly ease the process:
- We offer third-party financing (Care Credit)
- We accept all major credit cards.
- We accept all primary dental insurance
You may be able to use your Flex Spending Account (FSA) for all procedures, such as:
- Cosmetic treatments
- Teeth whitening
- Porcelain veneers, Laminates, dental implants, etc.
We will help you with these plans.
Cost Of a Dental Crown In NYC With Insurance
Costs will vary significantly depending on what your insurance will cover. Some insurance policies may cover only certain types of crowns. Other plans may cover all or part of the costs of your crown.
Be reassured that Sutton Dental Associates participates with most dental insurances. Furthermore, our surgical treatment coordinator has acquired a lot of experience with many patients. She will obtain your copay level from your insurance by submitting a pre-treatment estimate.