SUTTON PLACE DENTAL ASSOCIATES ON THE WEB
Advantages of dental bonding
Here are the pros of dental bonding:
- In most cases, it does not need any reduction of your teeth since it is an additive procedure.
- Unless multiple teeth are involved, it only needs one visit to restore your smile. No laboratory work is necessary. Dr. Salim will apply the resin directly to your tooth. Veneers and crowns, however need customization in a laboratory and thus need multiple visits.
- It is pain-free and does not need any anesthesia unless dental bonding is performed on a tooth with a cavity.
- It is cheaper than other dental procedures like crowns and veneers.
- Your teeth will look natural since the bonding material mimics your tooth’s color.
- If you maintain them properly, they can be long-lasting.
- Unlike veneers and crowns, little to no enamel is removed
- Dental bonding is not completely stain-resistant.
- Dental bonding is less strong than veneers, crowns, or natural tooth enamel. It could break off the tooth if you grind or clench your teeth at night. You will thus need extra precautions:
- Wear a night guard if bruxism (teeth grinding) is an issue.
- Avoid eating extremely hard foods.
- Wear a mouthguard while playing sports.
30 years of cosmetic dental experience: consult with dr. Salim
Dr. Salim does not use a one-size-fits-all approach to improve your smile. With more than 30 years of experience in cosmetic dentistry, he will instead “design a new smile” uniquely adapted to your face.
Get your ideal smile with Sutton Place Dental Associates.